Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Love At First Sight : INUYASHA

When I saw my younger brother watching INUYASHA (Inu = dog, Yasha = spirit, Dog Spirit) ever so intently on one Sunday afternoon, I asked him what so special about this anime. He just smiled and ignored me. Well, IMHO it didn’t really strike me as an outstanding anime. It was maybe because the drawing and the 'mannerism' of the characters didn’t really catch my attention. I dunno… For me it didn’t have the effect like other animes that I have watched so far. It didn’t have that ‘human-like’ element. In fact the fighting scenes were not that amazing, at least to my standard. I mean, what kind of hero that has dog ears? Come on!

But, one fateful afternoon has changed it all. I was so bored waiting for the latest episode of my favourite anime to be downloaded only to discover that it would only be released two weeks from that day. So, out of boredom, I browsed around on what anime I could watch to fill in the two weeks of waiting. Then, I decided to download INUYASHA’s first episode. And, guess what, I did!

To my surprise, the first episode was rather enticing! It literally begged me to download the next episode, and the next, and the next, and the next and suddenly I realised I WAS HOOKED!!!! It's certainly love at first sight...

OMG! I simply love the plot, the conflict and most importantly the characters! When Kagome Higurashi accidentally falls down a well located on the grounds of her family's shrine, she discovers feudal Japan, a world filled with magic, sorcerers and dangerous demons. There Kagome encounters Inuyasha, an ill-mannered but kind-hearted half-demon (han-yo), and begins searching for the shards of the sacred jewel (Shikon No Tama) with which her fate has become inextricably entwined.

I mostly enjoy the love-hate relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome. It always makes me smile and my heart skips a beat. It’s so intriguing and yet sweet!! I love the squabbles that they always have and I also love the fact that Inuyasha loves Kagome and never admits it.

I really dunno whether to root for Kikyo (who was resurrected with part of Kagome's soul) or not. I know the fact that she was tricked into ‘killing’ Inuyasha but, she she’s not the real victim here. I think she is only a nuisance in this story. She only initiates Inuyasha’s confusion and she’s the third wheel in Inuyasha-Kagome’s love plot. But, then again she plays a key role in bringing Kagome into Inuyasha’s world.

Shippo (the fox demon) is the cutest anime character ever! I even named my kitten after him. He is witty and got the spunk! He’s Inuyasha’s punchbag (literally) but he never gives a damn about that. He just minds he’s own business. I also like the fact that Rumiko Takhashi uses a cat as the sidekick (of Sango). Well, Kirara or Kee LaLa is not really a normal cat she is a nekomata (cat monster) that can transfrom into a gigantic phantom-tigeress that simply loyal to her mistress.

Sango (a demon-slayer) and Miroku (a cursed monk) are both important in this story. Both of them have their own missions in killing Naraku (the one who tricks Kikyo and Inuyasha). Both of them have different history and their vengence brought them together as a team.

Anyway, enough said! I think this anime is in the class of its own. Although there are some episodes that rather repetitive and dragging, all in all it's a must watch. The only thing that I regret most is, I haven't got the oppotunity to watch the movies . I'm still looking for the link so that I can download it!

If you are interested to download the anime (it's in RMVB format, so please make sure you have a Real Player installed first), try this link
http://realitylapse.com/info/inuyasha/splash.php

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails