Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Suzumiya Haruhi No Shoushitsu: A review

After watching the whole episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya No Yuutsu (2009) I was left unsatisfied and dejected. However, my feeling of disappointed is short-lived when I finally watched SUZUMIYA HARUHI NO SHOUSHITSU (a.k.a The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya)! And it was liberating! I simply adore the movie and it's definitely a must-watch.

Plot-wise, I strongly believe that this movie justifies all the unexplained events, phenomena and activities that took place in the previous episodes. In fact there so many twists and surprises that left me breathless.

In this movie, I witnessed the side of Kyon that has never been shown before in the series. He is more emotional and intense than before. Probably because he has to endure the changes immediately and he needs to adapt with the situation almost instantly. In this movie, Kyon is definitely my favorite. And much to my surprise, Suzumiya Haruhi is not really the main focus focus in this movie as it is stated in the title she disappears or does she? It's really difficult to explain without revealing the spoiler and I am not going to do the spoiler. This is so twisted it really leaves me dumbfounded. Another interesting aspect in this movie, is the resurrection of Asakura Ryoko. What is her agenda this time? Why is her character brought back? In addition, Shoushitsu reminds me of The Matrix. So, it's up to Kyon whether to choose blue pill or the red pill....


Asakura Ryoko!!! WTF!

And the most interesting part in this movie is the portrayal of Yuki Nagato. She is still stoic and emotionless however, in this movie, her involvement and characterization are escalated two-fold. She is more 'involved', human and emotional and the unseen side of her is finally shown for the first time, ever. What's more, in this movie Nagato is not being her true self (literally)! Frankly speaking, I am rather ambivalent. There's a part of me likes this whole new Nagato and another part of me yearns the true Nagato Yuki.

Another aspect that I love this movie is the main theme song, Gymnopedie no. 1. It's sombre and melancholic. The song certainly complements the mood, the cold winter, the loneliness and the disappearance. When listening to this song, it's hard not to feel sad or depressed. It resonates Kyon's emotion. As if I could not help but to empathize what Kyon is going through at that moment.

Gosh! I really adore this movie and I can't wait to buy the DVD! Meanwhile, enjoy the trailer and the theme. You will get my drift...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails