Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Only the strongest will survive...

When I watched the first 2 episodes of JYU OH SEI a.k.a The Planet of the Beast King, I thought that this anime would be kind of intriguing. The twins Thor and Rai seemed to be such interesting characters. And the murder of their parents is really good for the development of the plot.

Personality wise, I really enjoyed the fact that Thor and Rai were different from each other despites that they were twins. And I thought the twins would end up as the main protagonists of this anime. But, my expectation was crumbled into smithereens when I learned that Rai was dead in the earlier episode and his character was totally obliterated from the series!

Then, entered characters like Tiz, Third, Zagi and many more. By this time my interest of this anime has gone down...

The whole plot is kind of 'squeezed in' and the development is somewhat minimal since there are only 11 episodes altogether. And before you even know it, you are at the final episode. However, that's actually intentional. This anime is action-oriented. The plot specializes in events or scenes that are quick and 'painless'. You will highly unlikely encounter any scenes that are dragged and stretched.

Theme-wise, this anime exhibits the survival of the strongest and in doing so, humanity is sacrificed. This anime gravely reminds me of a great classic novel by William Golding -Lord of the Flies, which, sadly enough, I despise so much!

In a nutshell, if you are an action-anime junkie, this anime fits the bill perfectly. As for me (I much prefer a romantic and comedy anime) I think I'll take a rain check... NEXT!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails