Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shiki: My first impression...

After watching 'The First Blood' (episode 1), I have a very strong feeling that SHIKI will be one anime that will rock 2010.

When I watch the 1st ever episode, I swear it got me spooked. If you enjoy supernatural and horror anime, Shiki should be in your list this year. The story stars with news of several mysterious deaths. When discovered, the corpses were almost disintegrated and disembodied. The police concluded that it was caused by natural causes and probably wild dogs attack.





Then, enters Megumi. A whiny brat who thought that she was too good or too stylish to be in a mundane little town of Sotoba. She was last seen walking towards a European-styled mansion nestled on top of a hill. She then lost for a quite some time only to be found dead after a few hours discovered by the villagers. Another unexplained death, even though the local doctor claimed that her anemic condition is the real reason.



Another unexplained situation is the European Mansion that doesn't really fit in the picture. Then again, that's one of the key elements of this anime. It certainly screams mystery...

Characters wise, I believe they are too many to remember. However, I believe they will be well-introduced through out the season. Each of them looks so mysterious. I vouch that each character's personality and characterisation will be revealed gradually as the series progresses.

Anyway, I can't say more as I have never read the manga.... But I trust that this anime will not disappoint me.




[Note]
- I am trying to watch other than shoujo anime and broaden my horizons and hence this anime.
- Upcoming reviews: Occult Academy & High School of the Dead.

5 comments:

DANS said...

hope the anime can reveal it quickly enough; the manga of this series is way too long winded in it's development...

I'm looking forward to 'Highschool of The Dead' this year! ^^

Kikuri-hime said...

Really? Hmm.. that dampens my interest...

Anyway, I have watched HOTD, and it's cool. I'm gonna do a review soon.

BTW, I also have watched Occult Academy. And If u asked me, among these 3 , i think Occult academy is more interesting....

Anime Manga Encyclopedia said...

ya Shiki is the best anime this summer.
and no 2 Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin

Kikuri-hime said...

OIC.. but my choice would be Occult Academy.... And no 2 would be Shiki..

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails