Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Monday, February 1, 2010

If love so pure...



In this post I would like to do a review on anime OVA I"S PURE. This OVA is actually based on a popular teenage romance manga by Masakazu Katsura. It is serialised from 1997 to 1999. However the OVA is produced in 2006 and it is compressed into 6 mini episodes (Au Commencement, Souvenir, Adieu, Vertige, Déclaration D'amour , and Ensemble).

The story starts off when Ichitaka Seto, a 16 year-old high school student, who falls head over heel for his classmate Iori Yoshizuki. However due to his bashfulness, he is unable to confess. To make it worse, every attempt he makes to confess his true feelings is hindered by some strange twist of fate. Unbeknown to him, the predicaments are becomening more complicated his childhood friend, Itsuki Akiba, suddenly returns to Japan.

In my honest opinion, I think the plot of this OVA is somewhat cliché and rather predictable. Nevertheless, in other aspects I have to admit that the animation, characterization as well as the graphic have exceeded my expectation.



I love the voice dubbing, especially the seiyuu for Itsuki Akiba, Tamaki Nakamishi. It seemed that she had managed to capture Itsuki's cheerful and ditsy mannerism. However, I am not crazy with the OP and ED themes as they are quite mediocre and lack of catchy melody.

In the final analysis I found I”s Pure is a bit dragging and dreary. It fails to keep me awake for more than 15 minutes and I had to struggle to watch all 6 episodes. However, I would recommend this little OVA for anyone who want to kill time waiting for there current animes to be subbed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made a Starcraft 2 site located here:

[url=http://www.thedarkshrine.com]Starcraft 2[/url]
http://www.thedarkshrine.com

I will be going to be putting on many things to the site, such as replays, vods, maps, fpvods, live streams, tools, esports info and a lot more. There is a wiki there and really could use helpers to help me out. I hope you people can register as my goal is for this web site to be one of the best Starcraft 2 sites on the Internet. Please register asap as there will be a tourney. If you have any feedbacl please feel free to let me know!

Thanks. Great forum btw!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails