Disclaimer

DISCLAIMERS: All original written materials here are belonged to

ANIME-Holic Anonymous ©

. If there are any similarities, they are purely coincidental. All videos, audios and graphics posted here are NOT owned by ANIME-Holic Anonymous

©

. They are solely for entertainment purposes. No copyrights infringement is intended.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I thought 'ALICE' was her name...

When it comes to anime, I like to take risk. I came across some animes recently and one of them is Gakuen Alice. I never watched this series before, though. I watched it, finally. This in fact the cutest anime ever!

The overview
The anime takes place in a special school for gifted students located somewhere in Tokyo. This super-talent is known as alice hence the title of the anime. Apparently, every student in this school is gifted with different types of alices.


The characters

Sakura Mikan: She is so cute and super kawaii. She's so energetic and her outgoing and sincere personality eventually wins over her new-found friends. She manages to turn everyone into friends and even admirers. She is gifted with Nullification Alice in which all alices will be nullified when come in contact with her.

Imai Hotaru :Hotaru is Mikan's best friend. In fact she is the very reason why Mikan comes to the school. She is extremely intelligent and rational. In this anime, physically, she appears to be rather stoic and indifferent nevertheless it is apparent that she genuinely cares for Mikan-chan. She has the Alice of Invention.

Hyuuga Natsume: He is the reason why I like this anime. He is voiced by my favorite seiyuu ROMI PAKU. Nastume is very icy and formidable. He has the Fire Alice hence he is feared by everybody, even the teachers. He has never shown his interest in anything at all. He is never liked by anybody until along comes Mikan-chan. Somehow, she manages to soften him up and gradually Natsume develops a romantic feeling for her.

Nogi Ruka : He is dearly known as Ruka-pyon among his best buddies. He is Natsume's best friend (and sometimes, their actions are a bit 'ambiguous'). He is bestowed with the Alice of Animal Pheromone in which he is able to charm any animals and tame them and eventually befriend with them. He has a crush on Mikan and he knows Natsume has the similar feeling too.
The verdict
This is a so-so anime. I would not recommend anybody to watch it since there are ample animes that are more thought-provoking than this. (But if you want to, try this L.I.N.K).However, I still like it. I adore the artwork as well as the plot. I also adore the portrayal of Mikan-chan as the central protagonist. I know this might sound immature but there are times I shed some tears because I was moved by the scenes... Laugh all you want, I don't care!






[Note]
ROMI PAKU has voiced so many famous anime characters, like Temari (Naruto), Hitsugaya (Bleach), Ueki (The Law of Ueki), Teresa (Claymore), Katsushiro (Samurai 7), and the list goes on...

5 comments:

damha said...

i only watch an episode of this..the part when she was searching for her friend n stumble upon the teacher with the seduction-kind ability..i cant remember..but i was eating bihun tomyam masa tu..

Kikuri-hime said...

Owh! That's the 3rd episode if im not mistaken. That's Narumi-sensei. He has human pheromone alice...

Guess wut? U just gave me the idea of tommorow's buka menu.....

DANS said...

Haha...the only reason I watched this anime was bcoz it has lotsa characters having different abilities. And I personally think Hotaru's cute, in a way. LOL!

But it was really predictable, Mikan's Alice that is.

Kikuri-hime said...

Yup. It's like watching x-men version lawak! I like Natsume better. I like his alice better. He reminds me of Pyro from the X-Men. I like Mikan pronounces HOTARU. So cute!

diDie~inn0cence~ said...

saLam..
i reaLLy Like the anime..
mikan really cute n natsume too...
(^.^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails